Tiffin Easter Nest with all my favourite treats
Ooo this is a naughty chocolatey Easter treat! I came up with the idea to use my normal tiffin/rockyroad recipe for this Easter creation. Perfect to make for Easter weekend and a fun thing to smash up and share with family and friends at the weekend. OR if you have a selection of Easter eggs left over after next weekend then why not melt down the chocolate and make this tiffin.
300g (2 large bars) Cadbury’s milk chocolate
Small pot of glace cherries
2-3 handfuls of mini marshmallows
2-3 handfuls of raisins
250g of chocolate digestive biscuits or plain digestive biscuits
One Shredded Wheat
You will need:
Plastic mixing bowl
Small-medium glass bowl
Plus any extra chocolate treats!
- Break the digestive biscuits in a plastic mixing bowl. I used a sturdy mug to crush up the biscuits because I currently don’t have a rolling pin, but a rolling pin would be best.
2. Once you have crushed the biscuits up, leaving a few small chunks of biscuits, add the mini marshmallows and raisins (and cherries) and mix. I didn’t use cherries this time because my local shop didn’t have any, sad times! But I would definitely recommend using them!!
3. Melt the chocolate and pour into the mixture and stir it all together.
4. Tear off a piece of cling film to cover the inside of the glass bowl.
5. Spoon in the mixture into the glass bowl, a few spoonfuls at a time. Press it down in the bowl and up the sides (carefully, so the cling film doesn’t split). Start building the nest by placing more of the mixture on the sides of the bowl. Make the nest quite deep so you have enough room to put in your sweet treats once it has set in the fridge.
6. Break up one Shredded Wheat into a small bowl and sprinkle the cereal over the edges of the bowl and around the nest.
7. Place nest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
8. Presenting it! Carefully loosen the cling film and pull the nest out, if it seems to heavy turn the bowl upside down and lift the bowl off the nest. Turn it over and place all your goodies inside the nest.
Once everyone has eaten all the treats inside the nest you can have some fun breaking the nest for everyone to share!