For a long time, I believed my skin was oily and greasy, but after a few facials over the past couple of years, beauticians have said that my skin is dehydrated, especially around the eye area. I tried intense moisturising creams, but I never felt like it was really helping my skin hydrate. Obviously hydrating your skin isn’t just down to moisturisers and make-up, diet and lifestyle play a huge part too. This is why when people say DRINK MORE WATER, you need to drink MORE WATER!! I admit that I am still not drinking enough water, even though it is proven to dramatically increase your skin’s hydration. I am getting there, and I try to drink as much as I can, but along the way, I would like some help from my skincare products.
Below I have listed a variety of products which have helped hydrate my skin. I have seen great results from every single product and would recommend anyone with tired skin (yes, even us youngens have tired skin!) to try at least one of these products. Keeping your skin hydrated is one of the best things we can do for anti-aging (and it’s never too early to be thinking about anti-aging!!).
Look after your skin now and your skin will stay protected from late nights out, busy, stressful weeks at work, pollution, etc., etc. PLUS if you look after your skin and take the time to pamper it then your makeup will sit better too.
A concentrated gel-serum that penetrates deep into the skin locking in moisture.
- You use this before your moisturiser. Once you have used this gel you don’t need to use much moisturiser on your skin as your skin will already be a little hydrated.
- It contains hyaluronic acid which means that your skin will hold in water throughout the day and makes your skin plumper. Hyaluronic acid is already in our skin however as we age we lose some of it, and if you have dehydrated skin like me, then your skin will be calling out for more of this acid. It is the best way to lock in moisture!
- It is a great product for combination skin that needs extra hydration in particular areas.
- The only downside is the price.
A refreshing, cooling moisturiser for tired skin.
- MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOISTURISER, EVER! It has gel-like consistency (they call it a gel-creme) and it doesn’t feel greasy or sticky on the skin. The lightweight gel absorbs very quickly into the skin and makes your skin feel cool, fresh and plumped up.
- The gel feels cooling when you apply it to your face and neck, so I really enjoy using it in the morning.
- Previous Hydrating moisturisers I used were: Simple Hydrating Moisturiser and Garnier’s’ Moisture Match Mattifying Cream; however they never seemed to do the job.
For extremely dry skin I would recommend trying the Moisture Surge Skin Fortifying Hydrator. I was given a sample pot and enjoyed using it when I ran out of the Extended Thirst Relief. Part of the Clinique Moisture Surge Product range.
- I adore this eye cream. The only eye cream I have found so far that gets rid of tired eyes.
- A good nights sleep will obviously help with tired eyes and dark circles; however this hydrating cream has really worked for me. While I was waiting for a new pot of eye cream to be delivered by eyes felt dry and didn’t feel plumped up or firm when I was applying makeup. My eyes were screaming out for more hydration when I didn’t use this.
- It absorbs into the delicate eye area very quickly. You apply it along the orbital bone and gently dab with your fingertips until absorbed.
- Why avocados? The omega fatty acids in avocados help provide the best moisturising fat for delicate skin cells. There are endless reasons why eating avocados and using it on your skin will help build a healthy complexion, but I won’t bore you and list them all!
A great product that gives you a healthy, dewy complexion.
- It is a light liquid which gives you the perfect amount of coverage. Throughout the day, my skin never felt dry or tight.
- This is the perfect product for anyone who doesn’t like medium/full coverage.
- Tip for Applying: To make sure it is all rubbed in I use a wet sponge or my fingers with a little bit of water and rub around the edges of my face and neck.
For more information and a full review of this product check out: My Favourite BB Creams and Tinted Moisturisers
PAMPER YOUR SKIN
“Replenish tonight, glow tomorrow.”
- Intense hydration for your skin.
- The cream is quite thick but once applied to your skin it doesn’t feel so heavy. It provides the perfect amount of hydration throughout the night. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels plump and soft.
“Hydrating your skin from below the surface.”
- Super hydrating masks! I can’t get enough of them! The mask is made from thin paper which covered in a hyaluronic gel. As mentioned above hyaluronic acid, which is already in our body, repairs our skins barrier and makes our skin feel more plumped.
- Masks like these, especially hydrating masks, work well if they have a layer of something like paper or foil on top. This helps to lock in the moisture.
- I use these masks when my skin is feeling tired, after a long week, or after a long-haul flight these masks make a huge difference to how my skin feels. I especially like using these masks early in the morning. It wakes my face up, and my skin feels plumped, hydrated, ready for the day ahead.
- Again the only downside is the price, 4 masks for £20. But if you do want a good face mask then £5 per mask isn’t that bad. I am just waiting for them to sell them individually, so I don’t have to spend £20 in one go.
If you are still not sure what hyaluronic acid is and why we all need it then watch the videos below:
And back to my favourite skincare video again… with Caroline Hirons below:
Watch from 05.20 >
I hope this has helped you if you have dehydrated skin. Let me know if you have any recommendations.
Ciao for now! 🙂